The scheduled start time for the full marathon is 6:30 am, and 7:15 am for the half marathon.
The Santa Rosa Marathon Expo is held at Sports Basement, 1970 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa on Friday, August 23th, 2019 – 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm, and Saturday, August 24th, 2019 – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
**There will be no race day packet pickup for any pre-registered participants. We have added a new option to get your bib mailed to you for an additional $25.00 that you can add to your registration. Last day to register for your packet to be mailed is July 15th. ***NO EXCEPTIONS**
Yes. We will mail your bib and timing chip for an additional $25.00. Your goodie bag and shirt must be picked up at our Expo or at our information booth on race day. The deadline is July 1st. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***
You are NOT allowed. As an example: during Full Marathon change to the Half Marathon. You will be disqualified.
If you cannot pick up your race packet, you may have a friend or family member pick it up for you (they will need to present a copy of your photo ID and the packet pick up authorization form ). You will need to make sure your online waiver is signed through Active.com for the SRM. If your waiver is not signed we will not release your bib. We highly recommend having your friend bring a signed hard copy of your waiver just in case yours was not signed online.
Please be aware that ALL entries are non-transferable and non-refundable. Entries are good only for the year they are intended. Entries cannot be deferred from one year to the next and are non-transferable from person to person. This applies whether or not you may be injured, have moved, or any other reason. We cannot make any exceptions to this policy. Thank you for your understanding.
If you purchased the Active insurance at registration and need to file a claim for a refund their contact information is
Registration Protection: https://support.activenetwork.com/endurance/articles/en_US/Article/Registration-Protection-Offer
Yes, you may downgrade your registration distance until July 1st as long as there is space available. You will not receive a credit for the price difference.
If you wish to switch races please contact email@example.com.
Yes, you may upgrade to a different distance until July 1st as long as there is space available. There will be a fee charged if the price of your new race is more than what you originally paid.
If you wish to switch races please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Santa Rosa Marathon does NOT provide RACE DAY Shuttle transportation to the starting line on Sunday if you are not signed up as VIP runner.
All Marathon and Half Marathon runners should only participate if they are confident that they can finish the race in seven hours or less. Traffic control, race monitors, safety/health volunteers and race officials will vacate the course at 1:00 pm. Anyone continuing to run the course will be doing so at their own risk.
Yes, aid stations are strategically positioned along the Full and Half Marathon course, approximately every 2 miles. Fuel at stations will be Gatorade, water and at selected stations (DeLoach and Wood Rd): Honeystinger gels, bananas, and oranges.
Yes! There will be a pacer booth at the Expo so you can meet the pacers and ask any questions you may have.
The use of iPods or any other listening device will be allowed. During the portion of the race on the Prince Memorial Greenway and Santa Rosa Creek Trail runners are encouraged to stay to the right of the trail to allow for faster runners to pass.
All runners must have their bib showing clearly. Any runner who does not have a bib will be pulled off the course.
Course marshals will be patrolling and monitoring the course for safety and health, and addressing concerns.
Race Day Questions:
Volunteers should check in at the location designated by their Marathon Volunteer Coordinator or Team Captain. Volunteers working in the Start/Finish area should check in at the volunteer booth located at The Old Courthouse Square Downtown off 4th street.
Parking at the Santa Rosa Plaza, city garages, and any surface street is available.
Yes, bag check will be the finish line. Bag check is an easy way to store items (like extra clothing) while you are out on the course. Your race packet, available at our Expo, will contain everything you need! To check your gear, place your items in a bag and attach the bag check label to your bag. Please do not bag check valuables such as your car keys, cell phone, or jewelry, as we cannot be responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. We do not supply a bag check bag so be sure to bring your own.
The Post-Race Festival will be held in The Old Courthouse Square on 4th street in Santa Rosa.
Your pictures are taken on the course, at the finish line and at the Post-Race Festival. Your photos will be on Captivating Sports 1 to 2 days after the race. Please, check their website at www.captivatingsportsphotos.net to view your photos.
Yes, the Santa Rosa Marathon is a U.S. Track and Field-sanctioned and certified course. The Boston Marathon accepts our runners, provided they qualify in their age group. Our results are sent to Boston. You need only apply during Boston’s registration period. Check the Boston Marathon website for details and open registration period.
Chip timing will be used. Results will be posted as soon as they become available and will be updated continually during the event. The final results are posted on our website. These are initially 99+% complete. We have a variety of corrections that occur within the first several days after the event.
Awards will be given out to the winners of each race and all age group winners post-race only.
Awards can be shipped post-race, but the runner will be required to pay postage and handling.
Race shirts cannot be exchanged (for a different size) until 9:00 am on race day. You can make your exchange at the information booth until 12:00 pm.
No pets are not allowed on the Full or Half Marathon course. Leashed dogs are allowed on our 5K and 10K course.
Bicycles are not allowed on course.
If the distance shown on your device is more than the official race distance, it just means you weren’t cutting corners—quite literally. According to the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation) course certification and measurement guidelines (pg. 20), a road race course is defined by the shortest possible route a runner could take without being disqualified. Plus the Garmin distance will always be longer than 26.2. There is a built-in small percentage of gain in the USATF certification process that will show a slight difference to the high side on your Garmin even if you ran every step in the shortest possible way. This is an immutable fact in every properly USATF-measured marathon course.
How accurate your Garmin can be is affected by trees, cloud cover, mountains nearby and minor software derivations, auto pause or signal dropout. Thus chip timing is the official keeper of records.
No. Due to safety concerns, we cannot allow strollers or baby carriers of any sort on the course. They are allowed on the 5K and 10K course.
There is no need to sign-up – just find your pacer Sunday morning in a yellow singlet holding a sign. Please feel free to stop by the pacers’ booth during the Expo to ask questions and meet some of the pace team!
Active Agreement And Liability Waiver
You understand and agree that the Event organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event in the event of weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots, or for any reason that would affect the safety and security of Event participants and/or spectators or the feasibility of the Event to be held. In the event of such cancellation or any other cancellation for any reason, there will be no refund of your payment unless authorized and paid by the Event organizer. You agree to hold Active harmless from any liability, claim, demand, cause of action, damage, loss, or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature, related to any cancellation or disruption of the Event.
ACTIVE AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER (“Agreement and Waiver”)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT AND WAIVER CAREFULLY, AS IT AFFECTS YOUR FUTURE LEGAL RIGHTS. BY PROCEEDING WITH REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND AGREE TO THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW.
Though you still need to read the entire document, some of the key points of this Agreement and Waiver are highlighted here:
- The activity for which you are registering (the “Event”) may be physically challenging and may pose a risk of discomfort, illness, injury, and even death. You need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the Event without undue risk to your health or your life. We do not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants.
- The Event may involve inherent risks and dangers to participants and observers and, accordingly, you participate or observe at your own risk.
- Where you have registered or entered on behalf of anyone under the age of 18 or have accompanied anyone under the age of 18 to observe the Event, you also agree to the contents of this Agreement and Waiver on behalf of the person under 18.
In consideration of being permitted to register and/or participate in and/or observe the Event, on behalf of yourself and any personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, successors, next of kin, and persons supported by you (if relevant under the applicable laws), you understand that:
1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant to Active Network, LLC (“Active”) that you have full legal authority and capacity to complete the registration for the Event, including this Agreement and Waiver, on behalf of yourself and/or, where applicable, any party for whom you are registering (the “Registered Parties”), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. As used in this Agreement and Waiver, (a) “Active” means and includes Active Network, LLC, its partners, licensors, and any and all subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Active singly or together and its and each of their officers, employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns; and (b) “you” or “your” means and includes you (as an individual) and all other Registered Parties for whom you are registering, and by virtue of agreeing to this Agreement and Waiver, for whom you are waiving certain rights.
If you are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and Waiver on his/her behalf and by proceeding with registration for the Event, you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all of the Registered Parties. To the extent permitted by law, each person agreeing to this Agreement and Waiver for him/herself and/or on behalf of another Registered Party (including, without limitation, any minor) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Active harmless from any liability, claim, demand, cause of action, damage, loss, or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature (each, a “Liability” and collectively “Liabilities”) in the event the Liability arises because a Registered Party is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to not be bound by the terms and conditions of this this Agreement and Waiver. In addition, if, despite this Agreement and Waiver, any of the Registered Parties makes a claim against Active, you agree, immediately upon request or demand by Active, to defend, indemnify, and hold Active harmless from all Liabilities which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, YOU ASSUME FULL AND COMPLETE RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DISCOMFORT, ILLNESS, INJURY, OR ACCIDENT WHICH MAY OCCUR WHILE YOU ARE PREPARING FOR THE EVENT, DURING THE EVENT, WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PREMISES OF THE EVENT, OR WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE EVENT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT MAY BE HAZARDOUS, AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER AND PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK AND TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AT ALL TIMES MEDICALLY AND PHYSICALLY FIT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE EVENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE EVENT MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITIES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT MAY CARRY WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS AND DANGERS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM RISK OF MINOR DISCOMFORT TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND DEATH. YOU ARE AWARE OF AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RISKS OF PERMANENT INJURY OR DEATH DUE TO FALLS, OBSTACLES, CONTACT WITH OTHER PARTICIPANTS, ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS, EFFECT OF WEATHER, TRAFFIC AND CONDITIONS OF ANY ROAD.
3. Representations. You represent and warrant that you are in good physical condition, are able to safely participate in the Event, and have no medical condition that would make your participation in the Event more hazardous. You consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to you and understand that this Agreement and Waiver extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury. You understand that no medical care may be available, but if it is, you assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of your participation in the Event (where such medical expenses are not provided on a free of charge basis by any medical services organizations, clinics, or hospitals), including, but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician, and pharmaceutical goods and services. You agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, to follow any instructions or directions provided to you by Active or the Event organizer and to abide by any decision of any Event official relative to your ability to safely participate in or attend the Event. You understand and agree that you are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times while at the Event and to obey all applicable laws while participating in or attending the Event. This includes, generally, respect for other people, equipment, facilities or property. You agree that Event officials may dismiss you, without refund, should your behavior, in the opinion of Active or the Event organizer, endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event. You understand and agree that you are responsible for taking care of your own personal belongings during the Event and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Active nor the Event organizer is responsible for any personal item or property that is lost, damaged or stolen at the Event. You understand and agree that the Event organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event in the event of weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots, or for any reason that would affect the safety and security of Event participants and/or spectators or the feasibility of the Event to be held. In the event of such cancellation or any other cancellation for any reason, there will be no refund of your payment unless authorized and paid by the Event organizer. You agree to hold Active harmless from any liability, claim, demand, cause of action, damage, loss, or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature, related to any cancellation or disruption of the Event.
4. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY. YOU HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ACTIVE AND ALL OTHER PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT, FOR ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THEM ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF THE ABOVE PARTIES (INCLUDING ANY NEGLIGENT RESCUE ATTEMPT), THE ACTION OR INACTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE PARTIES, OR OTHERWISE.
ACTIVE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ACTIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ACTIVE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE ACTIVE SITES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE ACTIVE SITES; (C) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PROGRAM COORDINATED BY ACTIVE; (D) PERSONAL INJURY; (E) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (F) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE ACTIVE SITES; (G) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE ACTIVE SITES, OR ACTIVE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; OR (H) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT. YOU AGREE THAT ACTIVE’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ANY REASON OR CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONIES RECEIVED BY ACTIVE FROM YOU.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR EXCLUDING ACTIVE’S OR THE EVENT ORGANIZER’S LIABILITY FOR: (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY GROSS NEGLIGENCE; (B) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; OR (C) ANY OTHER MATTER FOR WHICH IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL OR UNLAWFUL TO EXCLUDE OR ATTEMPT TO EXCLUDE LIABILITY. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF ACTIVE’S SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ACTIVE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ACTIVE SITES’ SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. ACTIVE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ACTIVE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON, OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH, THE ACTIVE SITES. ACTIVE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
7. Use of Likeness. You hereby irrevocably grant Active and the Event organizer permission to record your voice and photograph you in conjunction with the Event. You understand and agree that the term “photograph” as used herein encompasses both still photographs and video recordings. You further grant Active and the Event organizer permission to use your photograph, voice, and likeness taken in conjunction with the Event, in any form, including edited versions, in or over any medium including without limitation streaming audio and/or video over the internet, broadcast, cable, satellite transmissions, and media that are unknown at this time, worldwide for any legitimate purpose including, without limitation, any commercial purpose, without compensation to you. Your further waive any right of inspection of any such recordings and photographs. You understand that any such recordings and photographs recorded by Active and/or the Event organizer shall become the sole property of Active and/or the Event holder, as applicable.
8. Severability. You further expressly agree that this Agreement and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by applicable law, and if any provision of this Agreement and Waiver is held to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction for any reason whatsoever, (a) the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement and Waiver (including without limitation, all portions of any provisions containing any such unenforceable provision that are not themselves unenforceable) shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, and (b) to the fullest extent possible, the unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified and replaced by a provision that approximates the intent and economic effect of the unenforceable provision and the Agreement and Waiver shall be deemed amended accordingly.
9. ACCEPTANCE. BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND ALL REGISTERED PARTIES ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. IF THE PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR OR INCAPACITATED ADULT, YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU ARE THE PARTICIPANT’S PARENT OR GUARDIAN AND AGREE TO THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY ON BEHALF OF THE PARTICIPANT.
10. Applicable Law; Consent to Jurisdiction; Other Jurisdiction-Specific Provisions.
Provisions Applicable to Events Held in Australia: You agree that this Agreement and Waiver is governed by the law of New South Wales and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales for all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver.
Provisions Applicable to Events Held in Hong Kong: You agree that the laws of Hong Kong will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Active relating to this Agreement and Waiver shall be the courts of Hong Kong.
You irrevocably grant Active and the Event organizer permission to exhibit, edit, circulate, publish and use your personal data (as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong)).
This Agreement and Waiver is written in English and Chinese. In case of discrepancies between the two versions, the English version shall prevail.
Provisions Applicable to Events Held in Ireland: You agree that the laws of the Ireland will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Active relating to this Agreement and Waiver shall be the courts of Ireland.
You agree to release Active, the Event organiser and all or any other Occupiers (“Occupiers” has the meaning given to the term “Occupier” by section 1 of the Occupiers Liability Act, 1995 ) for the time being from any claims that might otherwise subsist under the Occupiers Liability Act, 1995, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Provisions Applicable to Events Held in New Zealand: You agree that this Agreement and Waiver is governed by the law of New Zealand and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand for all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver.
Provisions Applicable to Events Held in Singapore: You agree that the laws of Singapore will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Active relating to this Agreement and Waiver shall be the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
Provisions Applicable to Events Held in the United Kingdom: You agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Active relating to this Agreement and Waiver shall be the courts of England and Wales.
You affirm you have had the opportunity to review the Arbitration Agreement and affirm you are expressly agreeing to comply with and be bound by the entirety of the Arbitration Agreement. This Agreement and Waiver evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (the “FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of your agreement to arbitrate all Disputes hereunder. Delaware state law and procedures concerning arbitration shall apply any Disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement and Waiver to the extent that they do not conflict with and are not inconsistent with the FAA.